#Resistance Is Working!
@SarahVanGelder‘s title says it all. Don’t stop pushing back. #Resist! Bring your friends and join other resisting groups.
ICYMI read Atlantic article on how “American Institutions Are Pushing Back Against Trump and CommonDreams article “From #DayWithoutLatinos to Rapid Response Teams, Deportation Resistance Builds” and Yes! Magazine‘s “7 ways to make an even bigger impact when you #DivestFromDAPL‘
Reposted from Betsy Taylor.
For everyone who believed in #resist, congrats on helping with the following successful efforts. Because of you:
1. Federal hiring freeze is reversed for VA (Veteran Affairs).
2. Federal judge imposes temporary nationwide halt to Trump’s travel ban.
3. Green card holders can get back in country after massive airport protests and litigation efforts. Iraq war vets were part of those protests.
4. Uber CEO drops off presidential advisory council and pledges $3M and immigration lawyers for its drivers after #DeleteUber trends on Twitter. 200,000 Uber users drop the app. Lyft gives 1m to American Civil Liberties Union to fight immigration ban.
5. Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) enrollment ads are still going to air with help from private companies.
6. The ACLU raised 24M over one weekend (normally 3-4Mil/year).
7. HHS, EPA, USDA gag order lifted due to…
View original post 375 more words